What is Medical Reiki™?
Medical Reiki (TM) is the specialized practice of performing Reiki in the operating room, or other appropriate hospital or outpatient environments, in compliance with gold standards developed by Raven Keyes, the internationally recognized Reiki Master Teacher, who spent many years working in the operating room with top surgeons, including Dr. Mehmet Oz and Dr. Sheldon Marc Feldman. She has shared her knowledge with many in the USA and abroad, and has trained hundreds of Reiki Masters in this practice.
The Mayo Clinic, Cleveland Clinic and Johns Hopkins report that many benefits of Reiki in the medical setting include: stress is relieved, pain is reduced, less pain medication is needed, hospital stays are shorter and healing is speeded. This medical study is being conducted to scientifically verify these results so that every patient can receive this assistance during surgery, if they so choose.
Medical Reiki™ Facts
1. Reiki is a healing practice originating in Japan that is classified by the National Institute of Health as a form of complementary medicine.
2. Reiki is a therapy based on the biofield, or a type of energy field that “regulates everything from our cellular function to our nervous system.”
3. Reiki has been integrated in the hospital setting with more than 800 hospitals offering it nationwide. These include the Cleveland Clinic, Brigham & Women’s Hospital, Spaulding Rehab, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Johns Hopkins, The Children’s Hospital, Boston, and the Mayo Clinic.
4. It is used in hospital Emergency Rooms, Pre-Op, Operating Room, Post Op, Oncology, Cardiology, Orthopedics, and Internal Medicine.
5. The benefits of Reiki include: - Stress Reduction - Relaxation - Pain Reduction - Muscle Tension Reduction - Nausea Reduction - Sleep Improvement - Acceleration of Healing
6. The Cleveland Clinic claims the benefits of Reiki include the following: - Initiates the feeling of security, peace and wellness - Brings a peaceful, deep relaxation - Reduces stress - Stimulates the body’s immune system - Stimulates tissue and bone healing after injury or surgery - Supports the well-being of the client who is receiving medical treatments
7. The Brigham and Women’s Hospital states: “Our data, based on feedback from patients, family members and staff members who received Reiki sessions, as well as outside research, show that Reiki promotes relaxation, relieves stress and anxiety, reduces pain and fatigue, and improves overall quality of life.”
8. A research study at Hartford Hospital in Hartford, CT showed that Reiki patients had: - Need for less anesthesia - Less bleeding during surgery - Used less pain medications - Shorter stays in the hospital
9. The Cleveland Clinic utilizes Reiki for the following conditions: cancer, infertility, Parkinson’s disease, psychological illnesses, chronic pain, digestive problems and stressrelated diseases.